Monday, July 11, 2011

I wanna be an old woman (someday)

Many of us don’t think about retirement.  Who would want to think about getting old? Seriously, I do. I sometimes, imagine myself being a grandma already. Both of my grandmothers are loving and I always admired them for what they do. I would love to become like my grandmothers someday, caring and selfless granny to my soon to be grandkids.

There’s a planning website called www.marketriders.com. They have Do It Yourself portfolio management if you like controlling things yourself. Their Online Portfolio Manager allows you to keep track of your investments and lets you move money around to meet your investment objectives. Another helpful tool is their Portfolio rebalancing software, which automatically rebalances your investments based on your age. I was given the chance to try their website and I'm glad I did. It's easy to navigate too.

Many people think about the future, maybe we can replace the term "retirement" to a "brighter future". A time when we are allowed to do more for ourselves and for the ones we love, time to travel more, time to visit relatives more often. We can be more equipped to do these things if we prepare.

This post is brought to you by www.marketriders.com

1 comment:

ninalazina said...

The idea of being old nowadays is very frightening. It looks like we will all have to work well into our 80s, as there are just too many of us living longer! I think we need to be as healthy as possible so that we live better lives. It's a shame that thinking about getting old is not something that fills most of us with happiness!
Nina

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails