Saturday, July 16, 2011

Five Men’s Shaving Tips From My Husband

I hope there are men/husbands that are also reading my blog. Here is the article that my husband made about shaving.

1. Although it may seem obvious, mens shaving should be done on a regular basis. If you let your beard go for a week or more, shaving becomes much more difficult. If you shave on a daily basis, it will become second nature and the task will only take a few minutes each day. Make shaving part of your morning routine, somewhere between showering and putting on deodorant, but the important thing is to do it every morning.

2. Prepare your beard by splashing the hottest water you can tolerate onto your face. Hot water opens up the skin’s pores and prepares the beard for the shaving products such as shaving cream or electric razor lotion. If you use cold water, the shaving cream won’t work well, and the blade will be pulling the hairs out instead of cutting them, ouch!

3. Have a good shaving cream. There are cheap shaving creams, but like everything else, you get what you pay for. Spend a little more for quality mens facial products, and your face will thank you. A good shaving cream will not only lubricate your skin, but it softens the beard allowing the blade to cut more efficiently.

4. Use a good quality razor. There are many brands and varieties of razors on the market, so choose a known brand and the type you’re familiar with. If there wasn’t demand for all the different varieties, they wouldn’t be for sale very long. All men have different shaped faces and many have sensitive skin, so choose your razor accordingly.

5. After shaving, use an aftershave which are skin products for men. They contain alcohol which kills bacteria and they also smell good keeping you socially acceptable to the fairer sex. Aftershaves can condition the skin with moisturizers.

This is something new I learned from my husband today. I thank him for making this post for my blog.  As women, we don't hear too much about male skin care. I can actually use these tips myself when I shave my legs later today.

I am participating in a blogger campaign by Bucks2Blog and was compensated. However, the views and opinions are my husband's.  Thanks for reading and for your comments! I hope you are having a great weekend.

2 comments:

Couponing Texas said...

thanks for stopping by Couponing Texas...now your newest follower on GF, FB & Twitter...

Evil Nelly said...

ah! such a useful post! my husband would love this! you and your daughter are so cute :)

thanks for visting my blog,follow me if u like, i'll always follow u back!

hugs,
Nelly
www.massacredmascara.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails