Sunday, October 16, 2011

Aloun Farm Pumpkin Patch 2011

Last year was the first time we went to a pumpkin patch and from there, I decided that we'll come here every year as long as we are live here in Hawaii. The heat was intense. It was only the second day that they were open to the public but it was busy.


This is our first agenda, me and RC got to pet these goats and some other farm animals. It is only a dollar each person to go inside this small petting zoo.


RC's first Halloween costume of the year, a sailor, she also wore this on 4th of July. She has another sailor costume that she will probably wear for trick or treat. I love this costumes because she can wear them on any occasions and the fabric is cotton so they are absorbent.


This is the second time RC was able to pet goats, the first time was at the Honolulu Zoo and she was scared. This time, she enjoyed it.



This was the non-busy area. The other side was where most people were going to get their pumpkins.




I was hoping to get one of this, a greenish orangey pumpkin but we later decided to just get orange pumpkins instead. We got two, one small one for RC and one medium sized.



Last year, we also did the corn maze but this time, we did not see any booth for that so we just stayed mostly with the pumpkins.


RC doesn't seem to mind the heat. She is an outdoor kind of girl.



I bought a ticket for RC to ride the horse. I saw other kids as tall as her riding them with their parents at the side walking but she was scared so I was the one to ride a horse. I'm probably the oldest one but people mistake me to be a kid anyway and I enjoyed it. I say the $5 short ride was worth it. I only get to ride horses once in a great while.


Just a few more pictures before we leave Aloun Farm pumpkin patch. I was glad to go back in the car and get over the heat.



This is our first activity for Halloween this year. It would not be as much as last year but I'll try to find more activities for her in our neighborhood if there's any.

If you notice, I just posted two more giveaways, I appreciate any entries. They are posted at the upper right corner of my blog.

What are your plans for Halloween?

I'm linking with Shadow Shot Sunday

21 comments:

mary. sunkissedlife said...

Looks like fun. It's a yearly tradition that we do since Joey had his first Halloween. We were supposed to go today but something came up. I hope there are still pumpkins when we go this coming weekend. RC is adorable in her sailor outfit.

Unknown said...

Hello. I am visiting you from the Alexa Hop. I am already a GFC fan (My 2 Cents), follow you on FB (Valerie Sandel-Stayton) and on Twitter (Valeries_2cents).
Have a wonderful Week!
My 2 Cents Blog

Mom said...

I'm hoping to visit a pumkin patch pretty soon too. I love all your photos. I'm hopping with the Alexa hop. Hope you stop by and say hi soon.
http://WhatMommyWants.blogspot.com

Pink MagaLine said...

Nice start for the Halloween! My daughter and I will attend a trick treat and party here in our community. She'll be wearing her Minnie Mouse costume.

Pink MagaLine said...

Nice start for the Halloween! My daughter and I will attend a trick treat and party here in our community. She'll be wearing her Minnie Mouse costume.

Unknown said...

Great pictures, love the goats!! Looks like you had fun.. Stopping by from the Alexa Hop..

ShinyIndigo said...

Hi! I'm here on the Alexa hop #23 and following you on GFC.

I love going to U-pick farms! Great entertainment and lots of fresh air and exercise - and you get great fruits and veggies, too!

Seems like the U-picks in our area are over for the year except for pumpkins, but my twins' pre-school is going to have a pumpkin patch on the front lawn, so they'll be picking their pumpkins there. It'll the their first decorative pumpkins, since we usually cook and eat our pumpkins.

Your pictures are fantastic - it was great fun to look at them all - Thanks for the post!

SJB aka SUELYN J-B. said...

Looks like fun.

kath said...

awww..so cute!
thank you for following..followed and liked your fb too :)

iam_kbc

Alice Law said...

1 dollar 4 petting zoo, worth it! RC looks hvg tone of fun tht day, u too, must hv enjoyed riding the horse... I hv yet try b4!:)

imriz said...

first thing that caught my attention was RC's nautical inspired dress. how lovely:)

Anonymous said...

looks like so much fun!!
Thanks for stopping by my page!!! I have followed you back via GFC!!!

Thanks!!

Ola said...

I remember your last year visit to the farm:) we do not celebrate this holiday here unfortunately but I have some pumpkin home as I like its taste and color

OSeñorita said...

Looks like fun and educational!!! Great mother daughter bonding time!!!

www.orangesenorita.com

The Cheese Thief said...

i love your daughters dress. I think I had one like that as a kid.

New follower.

thecheesethief.blogspot.com

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Goats are some of my favorite creatures. I used to keep them for milk. Wonderful animals!

SHADOW, SHADOW

Shadow, shadow drawing near,
You are all alone, I fear;
Let me be your new-found friend—
I’ll stick with you to the end!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

River Shadows

Kelly said...

What a fun outing for you both! We use to have goats like the ones pictured. :)

Lighthousegal said...

Looks like a wonderfl place to visit. The scenery behind the pumpkin patch is awesome! I love Fall, here it is cool in the mornings and evenings but in the upper 60's to mid 70's.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeously taken! I love her sailor outfit sis.

Late visiting from Shadow Shot Sunday, please come and see some shadows at my page. Have a great week ahead!

Dhemz said...

wow, ang saya saya nyo naman sis....type ko yung patch jan...unlike dito...lol!

you guys look great on your outfit...maiksi na pala hair mo...:)

Anonymous said...

Such sweet photos. Picking out pumpkins in intense heat seems so bizarre to me. Here is upstate New York, lots of times we pick ours in heavy coats. Very pretty pictures.
Cheers,
Leah

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails