Thursday, August 11, 2011

DIYs under $5 (I could have done better)

I attached a flower on the orange magnetic holder. I bought this holder for $3 last week. I think it looked better. Here are the before and after pictures. I love crafting and most of my crafts are very easy, the "anybody can do it" type of crafts.


I saw some craft blogs where they make small wooden frames into earring holders. I bought a wooden frame but when I saw this red bucket top, I thought it would be better because I don't have to mount it on the wall, it is easier to just put the strings and tie it. I can easily flip it back and forth which allows me to also use it for the earrings that has the hinged type of hook. I will have to change the strings that I used to make it look nicer, it needs a little more work I know.


I haven't had the chance to wear the blue and the peach earrings outdoor because I thought they were too big for me to wear but I like the "happy" colors. Maybe one day I'll try to wear them. If you have a lot of earrings, you can try making the wooden frames. I'll have to find some of my other earrings.



9 comments:

Jenny said...

Cute! I love them!

Found you on the blog hop! I’m your newest follower! http://www.mymoneytips4u.com/

The mum of all trades said...

love this, such a handy little idea! just found your lovely blog, of to have a good look at it now!

Aileen Kim said...

what great DIY!

Posh said...

Great idea!
Stopping by from the Friday hops to say hello.
You can visit me at
http://poshonabudget.com/2011/08/friday-friend-connect-3.html

Have a great day!
POSH

Unknown said...

I love finding random items that are perfect organizing solutions! Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

Mimi said...

You are too creative! I would never have thought to use a bucket top - but you did and it is fun and functional! Thanks for sharing :)

Dhemz said...

so cool! that's pretty nifty sis...I like the idea...thanks for sharing....ang galing!

Live Laugh Love said...

Hey just stopping by & following your blog would love if you could follow me back thanks so much

Tara

Jill said...

Ha! Great use for that orange bucket top!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails