Saturday, November 12, 2011

From Work Days to Play Days (Top to Dress)

I really enjoy doing projects for RC recently. I wish there is more time to do this. Please ignore how messy my apartment is.



This is how the top looked like before. I removed the sleeves, I sewn it at the sides, cut the excess fabric at the sides and then add straps.



 I know that the lines looked crooked but it's the best that I can do in editing. I think RC's recycled dress turned out pretty nice. RC can also use it as a top later on instead of dress. I have so much clothes to recycle. I'm trying to minimize. I put away clothes that I no longer use in boxes and I sold some toys and items we don't use much.

The DIY Show Off
I'm linking with SNS, Weekend Wrap Up, Show and Tell Saturday, Sunday Scoop, Think Pink , Pink Saturday, Craft Linking Party, Motivate Me Monday, Just Something I Whipped, The More The Merrier, Making the World Cuter, Craft Catwalk, Creative Blogger's Party, A Round Tuit, Amaze Me Monday, Metamorphosis Monday, Nifty Thrifty, Trash To Treasure, HomeMade Projects, Take A Look , A Little Birdie Told Me, HandMade Tuesdays, Creating Success Around the World, Wicked Awesome, Show and Tell,

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a great idea!!! I'm glad I found your blog as I was stalking and hopping through bloggy world!!! I'm your newest follower and would LOVE to have you visit and follow me sometime soon, too!!!

Aimee @ ItsOverflowing.com

Sara said...

That is really cute! I really want to learn how to sew.

Unknown said...

Great to meet a fellow mommy blogger. Your daughter is adorable, and you are talented!

Jas

Clara Turbay said...

Great looks.

If you have time come to check out my blog.

http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

Maggie Lamarre said...

what a great way to upcyle.
Would luv for my readers to see this awesome idea, will you please join our weekly party at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-showcase-tutorial-with.html
have a great crafting weekend!
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Unknown said...

Very creative! RC's outfit is beautiful and fits her so nicely.

Mom Fashion World said...

Great idea, Mommy!
At least, hindi nasasayang ang damit ni RC.
Ganyan din ginagawa ko sa ibang damit ni Mr.Freddy.

Veronica Lee said...

How clever!! It looks fantastic!!

Wish I had listened when my mom nagged me to take up sewing when I was younger!

Shiloh said...

That's a really cute idea. It look so good on her.:)

Jill said...

Gorgeous dress - the perfect upcycle!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

fiddle lessons said...

These are nice dresses which attract the people.I think the designing of line are very interest able.I hope this will help me in my fashion style shop.

Jenn Erickson said...

Such a wonderful refashioned frock. Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails