Monday, February 27, 2012

Clorox Recipes For Fun And Ultimate Mess Party!

Clorox is known for its bleaching and cleaning capabilities. I remember Clorox when I was still a child especially for cleaning clothes. Now Clorox can be used throughout the house with the Clorox® Clean-Up® Cleaner. I use Clorox in cleaning the bathroom and the Clorox Anywhere spray.

Clorox just launched a new site called Recipes For Fun. If you register at cloroxrecipesforfun.com, you’ll instantly be entered to win a sweepstakes that is worth $10,000. The sweepstakes is called $10,000 Ultimate Mess Party. There are other ways to enter after you register. After I make this blog post, I am going to register not just to win but to look at the crafts and kid-friendly recipes that are posted there. I’ll probably think of a recipe to share too so I’ll have more chance of winning the grand prize. You can join me in registering so you get the same chance of winning!

Cooking and doing crafts with kids can be so fun. I don’t do much cooking with RC because of the limited space we have at the kitchen and I worry about her being burned by the oven or the stove. She can now understand that she is off limits in the kitchen. We have some magnets in the refrigerator that she usually plays with when I’m not cooking. I let her put her cereal in her bowl or let her choose her snacks in the pantry. It can get really messy! I think I am ready to take the next step and include her in my cooking. I probably would learn from her too. I’m getting prepared to be even more patient and see more mess! Eating is another thing and it’s probably the messiest part for us now. For moms, we let our kids be kids and give them a “monitored” independence. I think getting dirty is part of the fun.


I love doing crafts with RC as I shared many craft projects here that we did together. I still have to help her hands at times. Here's a craft project we recently did. It’s a craft to encourage toddlers to brush their teeth.

Here's how:
1. Fold the paper plate and tape each side to have a mouth-like form.
2. Glue the cotton balls at the edge (without lips) or at the inner area (with lips) as shown on the picture.
3. For the ones with lips, we folded the edges and colored the lips red.
4. You can make your kid draw a tongue inside.
5. For the toothbrush, we used two rectangles one bigger than the other. Glue the smaller rectangle on top as seen on the picture.



Please check out cloroxrecipesforfun.com for more information about Creative Cooking, Wacky Science, Kiddie Cooking and Arts and Crafts. You can even meet some super moms there and you’ll be able to share your recipes.

Thanks to Socialmoms for allowing me once again to grab this opportunity. Thanks to Clorox for the awesome products and now an awesome website to go to!



I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Clorox Clean-Up Recipes for Fun blogging program, for 8,000 My SocialMoms Rewards Points. For more information on this program, click here and see the Terms link.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails