Friday, March 30, 2012

Potato Goodness (Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe)


If you were asked what vegetable that is on tables most often, you’d probably say potatoes, Here in the United States, most people eat potatoes daily in the form of hash, French fries, and baked potatoes for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  For snacks, we eat potato chips.  There are many varieties of potatoes including russet, white, yellow, Yukon, new, etc.
The US Potato Board provided me a coloring book with recipes and some potato gadgets so I can try one of the recipes. You can download a copy of the coloring cookbook at PotatoGoodness.com.  The site has plenty to offer-- recipes, healthy living, kid's activity sheets and more. We can show more of our support to the USPB by liking their page at Facebook or following them at Pinterest.
I always loved baked potatoes so I decided to try the “Twice Baked Potatoes”  because it’s different from the ones I already had before, this one is double baked!
Here is the recipe from the coloring book:

I followed the recipe and just made a few changes. I did use larger potatoes so I had to cook them longer because they were not cooked enough to scoop the center when I removed them from the microwave. I also baked them in the oven longer.
I did not mash the potatoes and brocolli thoroughly because I know they will already be very tender. Instead of reduced fat cheddar, I used a four cheese blend-- medium cheddar, monterey jack, asadero and quesadilla cheeses.


The potatoes were delicious and healthy too! You can play around with the recipe if you like. Next time, I'll try to add some meat into it and it can be a meal.

Disclaimer:
I want to thank USPB and Family Review Network for providing me with this opportunity. I loved the coloring book! It made me learn about the types of potatoes and I know that RC will love coloring on it. The recipes are easy to follow. I was very pleased with the potato smasher and the gloves that I got. They are  my first ever gadgets just for potatoes. (I know I'm such a late bloomer including trying to learn how to cook.)
I'll also be entered into a cash giveaway for trying out this recipe and for giving my honest opinion. I'm crossing my fingers! No other compensation was received.

4 comments:

Im A Silly Mami said...

This looks delish. I love twice baked potatos

Stacey @ RealWorldMom said...

They sound--and look--delicious! Thank you for sharing!

Mom Daughter Style said...

Thanks to those who retweeted this post.

yvette said...

Twice baked poatoes, they sound and look delicious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails