Thursday, June 2, 2011

Aloha Board Choo! Choo!

Hi ladies and gents, I hope you like these pictures. I really enjoyed posing beside the trains. We went to a train museum last weekend and we also rode a 90 minute train ride. It was not fancy at all and we sat at the back where the train engine was so you can imagine when the train actually says "choo!choo!" It was way too loud. The train was pretty slow too but it better be because there was no seatbelts and it was very open as you can see at the last picture.


I think the fares are reasonable, I just wish they gave a discount for the locals like they do with other tourist spots.  Looking for a parking place was not bad either.




Most of the trains are just for display and learning purposes.


I was going to take RC inside this area but I just realized that there was a birthday party going on. This bouncy kind of balloons are all over here in the island.











A Mommy's Sweet Blog Design Friday Blog HopThis was our first time to visit Hawaiian Railway Society. I only learned about this from RC's child care. I also learned about other museums so we might have to go sometime.

RC was wearing her Tea Collection dress. I'm thinking of going to Nordstrom and this is the only brand that I am going to look for. The Nordstrom here is huge but I never went inside (due to me being thrifty). I'm curious how it looks like inside. I think they built it about three years ago. I usually go to their rack store.

Back to the train ride, I still have some pictures to show you, we don't have much while we were riding the train but I still want to share with you some views that we had during the ride.

Thanks again for the new follows and new comments. Please give me a little time to follow/comment back.


12 comments:

Brandii Nicole said...

Looks like it was fun and that you had a good time, even though it wasn't overly exciting!

Following you from the IHM hop!

brandii @ babyshopaholics.com

Ola said...

sounds like an education mixed with fun!

Xenia said...

What a fun place!

Thanks so much for joining us for Friendly Friday, have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

My son loves trains, I'm going to have to go there (were on the same island)! If your looking for a great museum check out the Bishop Museum, we went a few months ago and it was great!

Thanks for participating in “Stalk Hop Friday!” I'm Following you on GFC as Mrs. Marine!
www.mrs-marine.com
Don’t forget to stop by next week and link up again on "Stalk Hop Friday"!

Dressing Up For Me said...

Ces, matutuwa si ¨husbandry¨ nito because he loves trains. ;) Ang cute naman ninyong dalawa wearing prints! :)

Bev said...

There's so much to know about the past from museums indeed. Train museums are even more interesting :)

oomph. said...

cool trains...where is this exactly??

following thru the finding friends hop. my blog is mainly a style blog, but i'm a mom of two and love connecting with other moms as well :)

rockoomph.blogspot.com
@rockoomph

Diane and Chad said...

Love the photo in front of the train..cute! I am a new follower from the hop, hope you will visit:
http://childhoodmyths.net/blog

KerrieLynn, The Mix Gal said...

Hi, I found you through the Hoppin Weekend Blog Hop and am your newest follower. I am following you on your GFC. If you get a chance stop over and check out my “Cupboard”…..hope to see you soon!

~KerrieLynn Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Blog: KLs Cupboard
Facebook: KLs Cupboard
Twitter: KLs Cupboard

Serendipity is Sweet said...

Looks like fun!

Mom Fashion World said...

Ang laki na ni RC.
I am sure nag enjoy cia sa train rides.

Mom Fashion World said...

Ang laki na ni RC.
I am sure nag enjoy cia sa train rides.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails