Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Spring Cleaning with Cottonelle



How do you freshen up your home for the spring season? Living in the tropics, I don’t really wait for spring because it is not much of a difference with the other seasons.
In the past few months, I tried to clean up and minimize to make space so it would be more comfortable for me and my daughter to do activities in our living room which is also the playroom. It is a challenge to have limited space but it allows creativity to kick in.





Here are some things that I have done to freshen up my apartment:
I minimized our furniture. We used to have a three piece sofa set but I got rid of the two. This gave us a more space to do activities in our living room which is also our play area.  
I organized the toys and clothes.  Having a young kid, many moms probably sort clothes to get rid of the ones that no longer fit your kids.  I believe organizing the toys also helped me lessen the clutter. Sure, my daughter will throw the toys again everywhere but now that it is more organized, she seems to play with them one after the other which makes it easier to clean up.  There is also a designated place/bin for the food toys, play dough so picking them up has been better instead of just putting them all mixed up in the toy chest.
I don’t have a space for garage sale but I tried to join a community garage sale and it was a good experience to get some cash from items that you no longer use.   

For the bathroom, I added a rug and got a new bath mat. Of course, stacking on a lot of wipes and toilet paper is a must. We just started using the Cottonelle Fresh flushable wipes and we love it! It's affordable about the same price as the non-flushable wipes. I can use this not just for bathroom purposes, it would be perfect for travel too.

 
I still don’t expect my apartment to always look fresh and organize but I try to pick up stuff every night and clear the clutter before bed time so it will look fresh when we wake up the next day.
I also plan to schedule a cleaning day for each area of my apartment and make it a goal to stick to it.


I want to thank Cottonelle for allowing me to write about spring cleaning. Feel free to share your tips at the comment section of this post.
You can help Cottonelle to pick up a name for Cottonelle Care Routine using the Name Generator on Cottonelle Brand’s Facebook Page.  There are three ways to do it-- The Randomizer, The Personalizer and The Customizer. Please go to Cottonelle Brand’s Facebook Page to try them.  I’m sure you’ll come up with witty and fun names according to your personality.
You can also follow Cottonelle in Twitter- @Cottonelle. There is a lot of ongoing opportunities to win at this time.


I was compensated for this post. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails