Tuesday, June 5, 2012

DIY Chalk Book


I got the chalk book idea here.  I started with a book with a large board book, chalkboard spray paint and white paint.  This  book is meant for  babies and we don't read this anymore so I thought of recycling it.




I painted the book with the white paint using a small roller.


I sprayed the book with the chalk spray (no picture)
It will take at least two coats of chalk spray paint to cover the book.




Tested to  be effective and fun for RC



Learning:
I always try to do the shortcut so I did not sand the book even if it is glossy. I should have!
This is a time consuming project, harder than what I thought. I waited page after page for the paint to dry and spray painting is messy.
Some projects like painting should be done outdoors  but since I don't have my own outdoor space, I still did it indoors anyway and it wasn't so pleasant.

Overall, it was worth trying to do a new project and my daughter likes the book.

I'm linking with Show and Tell and Transformation Thursday

1 comment:

oomph. said...

What a great way to make use of an old book.

[oomph.]

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails