Thursday, March 29, 2012

Gluten Free Manischewitz Cake Mix Review


What is a Gluten Free Diet? According to Wikipedia, it’s a diet that excludes foods that contains protein found in wheat, barley, rye, malts and triticale. I heard about Gluten free before I just learned about what it really meant a few days ago.

I was provided a Manischewitz Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix with Fudge Frosting and I’ll share it with you how I made it. There’s an easy to follow instruction but I was in a hurry when I made it so there are some flaws here and there but overall, I think it still tasted good in the end.


 
I just basically followed the recipe at the back of the box. I emptied the cake mix, add 3 eggs and half a cup of vegetable oil. I did not have a fancy mixer, I had to use a manual mixer and I was supposed to do 600 strokes. I was lazy and probably did around a hundred but I made sure that all are  mixed together and the cake powder are all moist. If you have an electronic mixer, you can beat on medium speed for four minutes. It’s ready to be baked.

For the frosting, I needed 1 tablespoon of butter, 1 tablespoon of boiling water and then I mixed it with the frosting mix. My mistake with this one is that I placed the frosting on top of the cake before it was completely cooled. As you can see, my cake isn’t perfect looking at the frosting. There's always room for improvement. Next time, I'll do better!



It’s gluten-free and has zero grams trans fat per serving.
I was also provided with  Manischewitz Mediterranean Matzos for review as pictured above but I'm still waiting for the perfect time to serve it. I tried it just to taste it. I can taste some herbs but it's still a little plain for me just like a cracker but there's a recipe at the back that I want to try soon.
Thanks Manischewitz! Please go to Manischewitz.Com for more information about their products.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails