Sunday, May 15, 2011

People Search

Did you hear that Friendster is closing? I used it a lot before. I guess everyone is using Facebook now.


There are other internet sites where you can even search social networks based on the email address like peoplesearch.com. It is good that there are online tools for searching for people that we may know. Being able to search for your old friends from your elementary years, see how much they changed and being connected to them again is interesting. You can be informed about your close friends in college, how many babies they have now and how are they doing. After all, people are supposed to be naturally social. For expats like me, it is also easier to look back and see what changes occurred in my hometown since the time that I was there.

People search is becoming easier. You don’t need to be computer savvy. But of all these social connections in the web, blogging is my favorite. I spend more time looking at blogs and updating my blog than any other thing on the internet. It’s not just connections but it is learning too. There are a lot of informative blogs out there but I should admit that I like looking at pictures.

This post is brought to you by peoplesearch.com.

6 comments:

Megan H Carroll said...

i like being able to search for old friends that I have for one reason or the other lost contact with. I have never used friendster... but I sometimes think these things hold on to way too much information... I hate coming across names from my past of people I do not want to reconnect with.

TheKidIsRich said...

Hey there - GREAT blog!! Stopping by from the

Monday blog hop - I'm your newest follower via

GFC :) Would *so* appreciate a follow back!

Alex
http://www.thekidisrich.blogspot.com/
Educating kids and teens in entreprneurship.

Summer said...

Hi what a cute blog you have! I am following you from FMBT...I hadn't heard that it was shutting down althouh I only use blogger....I really like it...

xoxo
Sums

Lacie said...

I found you on F.M.B.T blog hop.

The only reason I got my facebook account is so I could find and keep in contact with my friends around the world. Not all my friends are on there but I have found most of them.

Lacie
http://IdahoAtHeart.blogspot.com
I'm your newest follower.

nicky said...

Very useful information on this post.Your post has good content and important tips.Keep up the good work.
http://peoplesearchmarket.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely return.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails