Monday, September 6, 2010

Only there

RC's first jeepney ride (Aug 3,2010), we rented this jeep for our personal use that day.


RC's first tricycle ride- Aug 4,2010


Full picture of the trike, this was so early in the morning at a barrio market

bottled Cokes from a sari sari store

Sprite in plastic bag


I picked this background, looks like a squatter's house behind us.

I think the main purpose of my trip was to see our close relatives still living in the Philippines and try to relive the life I had before, I was glad to ride the trike, the jeepney, eat at jollibee's, see familiar places and changes (there was so much changes). I still had some on my list that I was not able to do like try to eat balut, yes I can eat that before as long as the "sisiw" isn't big. I also missed eating street foods like fishballs. I also wished I was able to stay in Manila for awhile, see my old friends from college but that would be tough for RC.

--- and only in the Philippines will I be able to afford a foot spa, full body massage, full body scrub and a simple facial, all for 800 pesos or about $18


10 comments:

Bev said...

I bet you have made the most of bonding with your relatives back in the Philippines, look at the coke bottles =) And RC would have been fascinated in the trike and jeep rides. I remembered how my son is so excited (soooo happy, that is) of rain back home in Baguio because he doesnt experience it here in the desert.

Pinch of thoughts said...

nice pics! iba pa din ang Pinas no?

o said...

Aww, I love these pics of RC in the jeepney and tricycle! Soo cute! Glad that you were able to enjoy your time there and also RELAX!:)

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Jing Ocay said...

wow.you went home pala Ms.Ces? I'm sure everybody's so fond of RC.Hope to see more pinas photos of your visit.=)

sweet said...

WOW looks like you are having loads of fun in your Philippine Vacation...whehehheeh can't wait for more photos to be updated in your posts darling!!!!

I really miss the jeepneys plus the coke sakto hahahha!!!!

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens

Unknown said...

Hey. Welcome back from your vacay. Love your photos esp. that one with the shanty house. The place looks very clean and peaceful. Saan yan sis? :)

Kimberellie said...

Oh, love your animal print shirt! So chic. And RC is looking as cute as ever! And WOW what a great spa deal! Glad you enjoyed your trip! And WELCOME back!

heart: Kimberellie

Dressing Up For Me said...

Missed ko na rin ang murang facial dun, Ces at sumakay ng jeep and tricycle.

How did RC take it all? Nagustuhan ba niya lahat?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah Lynn said...

Looks like you had a nice time. I miss visiting the Philippines. My last trip was back in January. My husband and I are working on immigration right now to get him to the USA. But if it doesn't go fast enough I will probably go back late next year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails